Monday, August 12, 2013

Small Victories

Wow! Time does fly, whether you are having fun or not. I haven't posted in a while because I have been working on other projects. In truth, I have written a book and started another. Now for the daunting task of trying to become a published author. Wish me luck.

Anyway, I decided to post an entry today because two good things happened. My son and his family are visiting from out of state and we were going out to lunch. I was trying to find something to wear in my meager selection of clothing. Just for fun, I tried on a top that was only a 1x. I have not worn a 1x for so many years that I truly cannot remember when I last did wear this size. To my extreme surprise, it fit! Now, in defense of the top, it was stretchy material. I did not wear it because I did not like the way my belly looked in it. It was fitted near the hips and this is not a flattering look for my belly. But it still made me smile. Six months ago, I could not have pulled that top over my body, stretchy or not. Now I can! Yay me!

Fitting into this top was my first good thing, now for my second good thing. When my son arrived to pick me up I got into the back of the car. Some of you may not be aware of this, but many times the seat belts in the back seat are not as long as the seat belts in the front. Quite often, in fact almost always, I cannot buckle the seat belt when I sit in the back seat. The last time I was in my son's back seat, I was seat belt-less because it would not fit. Today, I pulled and buckled with ease before I realized, "Hey, my seat belt is on!!!!" Once again, Yay me!

These may not be big things to many people, but to me they are major victories. I will keep up with the healthy lifestyle. It is working and I am not in a hurry. Now some of you may be saying, "Your son, his wife, and your two adorable grandbabies were visiting Florida all the way from Pennsylvania and your good things are shirts and seat belts?" Well, yes, because my family is not a good thing it is a GREAT thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment